- DePaoli, Alexander, Uzma Khan, & Itamar Simonson (2017). Reason-Product (In)Compatibility: Affective and Cognitive Factors in Consumer Reasoning. The Society for Consumer Psychology Conference, San Francisco, CA, February.
- DePaoli, Alexander & Itamar Simonson (2016). Revealing and Erasing Consumers’ Preferences for Affectively-Charged Attributes. The Society for Judgment and Decision Making Conference, Boston, MA, November.
- DePaoli, Alexander, Uzma Khan, & Itamar Simonson (2016). Reason-Product (In)Compatibility: Affective and Cognitive Factors in Consumer Reasoning. The Society for Judgment and Decision Making Preconference to the Society for Personality and Social Psychology Conference, San Diego, CA, January.
- DePaoli, Alexander & Itamar Simonson (2015). Revealing and Erasing Consumers’ Preferences for their Values and Identities. The North American Conference for the Association of Consumer Research, New Orleans, LA, October.
- DePaoli, Alexander & Uzma Khan (2014). Favorites Fall Faster: Greater Liking Leads to Faster Satiation. The North American Conference for the Association of Consumer Research, Baltimore, MD, October.
- PhD, Business Administration, Stanford University
- PhD Minor, Management Science and Engineering, Stanford University
- BA, Economics, Brown University
- BA, Cognitive Science, Brown University
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor DePaoli teaches undergraduate Introduction to Marketing. His research focuses on consumer behavior, predominantly with emphasis on how emotion and affect influence consumers’ judgment and decision making. His current work explores the impacts of emotion in consumer reasoning, multi-attribute choice, and satiation.
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor DePaoli has been affiliated with the Stanford Graduate School of Business, the Stanford Technology Ventures Program, and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design. He has served as a marketing and behavioral science consultant for several Silicon Valley-based startups, largely in the tech and biotech spaces.
Services to the Profession
Professor DePaoli is an active member of the Association for Consumer Research, the Society for Consumer Psychology, and the Society for Judgment and Decision Making.