The MS x with a concentration in Entrepreneurship offers the skills you need to commercialize your technology, from concept to concrete, successfully. In September 2021, MS x will replace the MS in Technological Entrepreneurship. This means we’ve embedded entrepreneurial expertise in our flexible foundational business coursework in areas like strategy and growth and data-driven management. You’ll have the flexibility to customize a curriculum that aligns with your specific entrepreneurial goals at every step of your degree.
At a glance: The MS x with an Entrepreneurship concentration
- The Entrepreneurship concentration: Gain the skills to help you successfully start and lead a new venture by choosing four Entrepreneurship courses that fit your specific goals.
- A personalized curriculum: Benefit from flexibility in all of your classes—even your core business coursework—allowing you to build on expertise from experience or fuse your entrepreneurial know-how with essential business skills.
- The electives you need: If skills outside of business such as prototyping or AI are integral to your plans, you can choose an elective from an extensive list offered at other Northeastern graduate schools. You may also take entrepreneurship courses as electives, in addition to your concentration coursework.
- Dedicated career advising: Work one-on-one with a highly trained career development professional who will help you chart your professional course
- IDEA, the student-led venture accelerator: Starting a business venture? Work with mentors and access financial, marketing, and communications support—or put your expertise into practice and mentor a startup yourself.
|MS in Management (MS x)||MS in Technological Entrepreneurship|
|F-1 Visa Compliant?||Full-time study is F-1 visa compliant||Full-time study is F-1 visa compliant|
|Structure||10 courses tailored to your interests||9 required courses|
|Technological Entrepreneurship credits||10||15|
|Managing organizations credits||3||0|
|Data-driven management credits||3||0|
|Strategy and growth credits||3||0|
|Finance and operations credits||3||0|
Your Entrepreneurship concentration
From product and service development to venture financing, go-to-market strategies, and managing high-performance teams, this specialized concentration helps you to magnify your value proposition with your company and chart a new course for your career. It all begins with your classroom experience, providing powerful insight from guest entrepreneurs and seasoned faculty who fully understand the start-up process. You will learn how to generate ideas, overcome legal issues, attract the right talent, and launch companies. You will gain a powerful new level of confidence and knowledge, fueling your creative mind as you take on the challenge of learning how to start a new venture.