Working “on” the business rather than “in” the business
Simplistically, the strategic planning process in a family business is similar to non-family businesses– except for having to integrate the family into the plan. That’s a big exception.
Family Business Panel:
Join us for a conversation with a panel of three family business leaders, each of whom chose to implement different types of strategic planning: Jim Kaloyanides from New England Coffee, Dirk Koopman from Koopman Lumber, and Tony Roscillo from Piantedosi Baking Co. Discussion will be facilitated by Venkat Kuppuswamy, Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Northeastern University.
In this program, we’ll show you how to:
- Get into the planning mindset and carve out time from the day-to-day operations of your business
- Get the family’s vision down on paper
- Invite (trust) others to be involved in the planning process in a collaborative way
- Start the planning process with a top-level, 1-page strategic plan
- Create a continuous planning process rather than a one-time planning event
- 7:30 AM – Breakfast and Networking
- 8:00 AM – Panel
- 8:45 AM – Networking & Program to Practice
- 9:00 AM – Panel & Discussion
- 9:30 AM – Networking
Join us at the Residence Inn Needham.