Exploring a career in accounting? Interested earning 150 credit hours and sitting for your CPA exam? The graduate accounting programs at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business can help you get there, and quickly.
Whether you are an accounting major looking to earn your master’s degree, or a college graduate with an academic or professional background in a different industry, D’Amore-McKim offers advanced degrees for your needs and goals. Our MS in Accounting and MS in Accounting/MBA programs will prepare you to master essential accounting principles and acquire the technical skills you’ll need as big data transforms the industry. Join us for a deep dive into our two unique program offerings and discover how they can prepare you for a successful accounting career in a rapidly evolving business world.
- 10:00 AM – Introduction & Panel
- Hear first-hand from students, recent alumni and our Admissions team about the MS in Accounting and MS in Accounting/MBA programs at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business.
- 11:00 AM – Analytics & Public Accounting, Mock Class
- Learn about how analytics and big data are transforming the accounting industry with Executive Professor of Accounting, Charlie Bame-Aldred.
- 11:45 AM – Meet and Greet
- Get to know our students, alumni and admissions team through mini-networking sessions in Zoom.
- Ali Price: MSA/MBA ’21, St. Lawrence University ’19, PwC
- Chris Keane: MSA/MBA ’21, Hamilton College ’20, PwC
- Andrew Lee: MSA/MBA ’21, Dickinson College ’20, PwC
- Maryam Squillace: MSA/MBA ’21, University of Michigan ’14, Deloitte
- Nicholas Parent: MSA ’20, Bryant University ’20, PwC
- Li Tang: Northeastern University ’20, Raphael & Raphael
Charlie Bame-Aldred is the co-founder of the Hub of Analytics Education. The HUB of Analytics Education meets a need in Higher Education: free materials that assist faculty when teaching Big Data techniques in their classrooms. These materials include a large transactional dataset with supporting information and cases and exercises with suggested solutions and teaching notes for Auditing (ACL or IDEA based activities) and Management Accounting (Tableau based activities). In 2016, Professor Bame-Aldred discussed the HUB of Analytics Education at the PWC Audit and Tax Symposium, the American Accounting Association’s Accounting IS Big Data Conference, and the Fall Meeting of the Rhode Island Association of Accounting Professors.
Prior to joining the Accounting faculty at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University, Professor Bame-Aldred served as Assistant Professor at Washington State University. He also has industry experience and worked as Controller for First Union Capital Markets Corporation, a $5 billion securities firm, and as Audit Senior Manager for KPMG Peat Marwick. Professor Bame-Aldred is the faculty advisor for Finance for the Community, a student-run organization that provides financial literacy education to Boston public high school students. He is a moderator for the Boston Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditor’s Chief Audit Executive Panel Discussion.
Julie Chasse is the Director of the Graduate School of Professional Accounting and is responsible for overseeing the graduate accounting programs including recruiting, admissions, scholarships, curriculum, advising, internship, and career services. Prior to working at Northeastern, she taught college-level accounting and worked as a Tax Manager at EY.
Cassie Dennison is is the Recruiting Specialist for the Graduate School of Professional Accounting. Prior to working at Northeastern, she worked in data analytics for a technology company in Boston. Cassie received her BA in Political Science from Hamilton College and her M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration from Northeastern University.
Lizbeth Jones is the Assistant Director for the Graduate School of Professional Accounting
Bio to come