D’Amore-McKim School of Business Change of Major Process
Step One: Research Your Program of Interest
We recommend the following resources to determine whether your goals and skills are a good fit for the major and career you are considering.
- Set up a meeting with Career Design.
- Review our description and requirements for the BS in Business Administration (or any of our Business Administration combined majors), including the concentrations of interest to you.
- Review the course catalog to read course descriptions for the classes that you would be taking for the new major. You should be interested in the classwork of your proposed major!
- Consider the time and expense it will take to complete a business degree.
- On the services and links tab of your myNortheastern portal, run a Degree Audit using the “Explore Options” feature to determine the remaining requirements.
- Refer to tuition costs on the Student Financial Services website
- Talk with business majors who are currently in the D’Amore-McKim School of Business!
Step Two: Complete the Change of Major Request Form
Once you’re sure you want to transfer into a BSBA program or combined Business Administration major, you’ll need to complete the Change of Major Request Form.
Once your change of major is processed, you will meet with your assigned academic advisor to complete your academic plan.
Completing the form by the priority deadline ensures that a student’s request will be reviewed before registration begins. If the process is completed after the priority deadline, we will review the student request at the end of the semester.
Please note: After completing the Change of Major Request form, a D’Amore-McKim Academic Advisor will reach out to you to schedule a meeting before your request is processed, if needed.
Deadlines & Effective Terms
Change of Major Priority Deadlines are:
- FALL Priority Deadline: October 22, 2021, Final Deadline is Reading Day
- SPRING Priority Deadline: March 25, 2022, Final Deadline is Reading Day
- SUMMER Priority Deadline: June 23, 2022, Final Deadline is Reading Day of Summer 2
Effective Term is the following Semester.
Change of Major Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
- Good Academic Standing (Full-time student status and minimum 2.0 Cumulative GPA)
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- 2.0 Business GPA
Combined Business Administration Majors
- Change of Major requirements may vary based on the selected combined major.
Any questions or concerns about the Change of Major process can be directed to DMSBTransferServices@northeastern.edu