Power your learning with experience
Integrating classroom instruction and academic thinking with authentic, experience-powered learning is what we do best at D’Amore-McKim. It’s an approach that expands your knowledge base, develops your creative mindset, and prepares you to meet the shifting demands of today’s business world.
As a Master’s in Innovation student, you can expect experience to shape your learning and empower you with first-hand knowledge. One of the most exciting and rewarding components of the program is your intensive personal innovation project—you’ll explore potential ideas with faculty guidance, seek out a sponsor within your organization, and develop a detailed innovation plan and execution strategy that can significantly boost your company’s bottom line. If a simulated project is a better fit, the faculty will help you scope your project. This project typically leads to tangible career advancement for our students.
And that’s only the first of many opportunities to enhance your learning with experience. In this program, you can…
- Benefit from the innovation and entrepreneurship experience of faculty who have started companies themselves, or who have invested in or consulted on startups.
- Study real-world business cases that give you invaluable context for the tools and techniques you’re learning in class.
- Apply your learnings regularly through project-based work and learn about diverse industries and innovation techniques through projects undertaken by your classmates.
- Work on virtual teams spanning time zones, building your skills in project management and collaboration technologies.
- Participate in optional signature Northeastern experiences, such as joining the management club for a real mutual fund in the university’s endowment, the student-led 360 Huntington Fund, or working with IDEA, Northeastern’s student-led venture accelerator, to launch a business or mentor a startup.
Starting your own business venture? Work with mentors and access financial, marketing, and communications support—or put your expertise into practice and mentor a startup yourself.
Apply to be part of the team that recommends stocks and manages investments for the 360 Huntington Fund. Launched in 2008, this nearly $1 million student-managed mutual fund represents experiential learning in its purest form.
“You’ll leave D’Amore-McKim with much more than a business degree. You’ll leave with the confidence to make change, be competitive, and fulfill your goals.”David Govoni, Manager, Joint Replacement, Stryker
MS in Innovation’17