Today’s tech-driven business environment demands constant adaptation. Successfully leading people and organizations over changing terrain requires not just agility and confidence, but a grounding in well-recognized principles of innovation. With a D’Amore-McKim Master’s in Innovation degree, you’ll challenge the status quo and champion of both continuous improvement and disruptive transformation.
Master’s in Innovation Program Overview
- Program Structure: 10 core courses
- Class Schedule: 100% online, with flexible study times, virtual class meetings, and regular deliverables for a strong learning experience
- Time to Complete: 20 months
Among graduate entrepreneurship programs
(Princeton Review, 2021)
Among graduate business schools
(U.S. News & World Report, 2021)
Raised through IDEA, Northeastern’s student-run venture accelerator
Our Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
Bring Products to Life
- Develop innovation skills that translate across all companies, industries, and functional areas
- Understand how to leverage data and technology to evolve as your industry evolves
- Advance your career via a project at your company—solving an existing challenge with fresh, innovative thinking and producing tangible results for your employer
- Learn from faculty who are recognized thought leaders in both corporate innovation and entrepreneurship—including founders of tech startups, change agents from multiple industries, and top consultants
- Increase your learning through our faculty’s emphasis on real-world case studies
- Apply credits earned toward a future MBA degree at Northeastern
- Get personalized career guidance from the D’Amore-McKim Graduate Career Center
- GMAT/GRE required? For the 2021-22 and 2022-2023 academic years, Northeastern University is test-optional and does not require applicants to submit GMAT or GRE scores to be considered for admission. For more information, review our admissions policies.
- English language proficiency: English proficiency, both written and verbal, is necessary for success in D’Amore-McKim classrooms. For more information, review our admissions policies.
- Where do I apply? Apply using this application.
- Interview required? By invitation.
Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to D’Amore-McKim.
At Northeastern, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community, which is vital to learning and discovery.
Scholarships and Fellowships
D’Amore-McKim offers and partners with organizations that provide a variety of scholarships and fellowships to foster diversity and inclusion. Examples of these include The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Graduate Fellowship, Prospansica MBA Scholarship, Posse MBA Scholarship and Reach Out MBA Fellowship.
Clubs and Organizations
Northeastern has many opportunities for you to be engaged with our community. Examples include the following:
The purpose of the GSCC is to build community for graduate students of color at Northeastern University by promoting education, professionalism, and civic duty. The GSCC fosters student, staff, and faculty relationships to establish a campus home for higher education at Northeastern. Through civic engagement with surrounding communities, the GSCC recognizes the continued struggles of marginalized populations, and the need for those who have succeeded to give back.
Grad Q is a student organization for LGBTQ+ graduate students at Northeastern. Grad Q is focused on building community, social events, advocacy, and mentoring undergraduate students.
We have a number of cultural centers on campus to support our campus community by providing programs, lectures, and events for students with a range of affiliations and interests including the LGBTQA Resource Center, Office of Global Services, Latinx Student Cultural Center, Asian American Center, and many more.
Our curriculum is designed to give you innovation skills across multiple business functions.
Through 10 core courses delivered in seven-week bursts of intensive learning—and enhanced by your in-depth personal innovation project—you’ll learn how to drive transformation and hone your company’s competitive edge. You’ll know how to design and market next-generation products and services, reinvent business processes, explore new business models and ventures, and lead teams of innovation practitioners in implementing change.
With our flexible online model, you’ll take two classes at a time in sequence with your classmates, studying when it’s convenient for you between regularly scheduled class meetings and deliverable deadlines. All courses are seven weeks long, allowing for an intensive learning experience.
MGMT 6280 | 3 credits
MKTG 6280 | 3 credits
ACCT 6280 | 3 credits
MKTG 6283 | 3 credits
MGSC 6281 | 3 credits
FINA 6284 | 3 credits
HRMG 6280 | 3 credits
ENTR 6217 | 3 credits
ENTR 6222 | 3 credits
*The curriculum is subject to change by D’Amore-McKim faculty. Please monitor for updates.
Meet Some of Our Students
“Be a rare breed, take a calculated risk, go to school—there are jobs out there waiting for you.”
“The MS in Innovation changed my career path and changed who I am as a person.”
“This is a true executive-style business degree that can be applied to any aspect of the business.” says, Cox
Get in Touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
Earn an MBA degree that prepares you to meet the challenges of a tech-driven, high-speed business world—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 15 in-demand concentrations.
Earn an MBA degree that prepares you to meet the challenges of a tech-driven, high-speed business world—in an all-virtual, customizable format. Choose from eight in-demand concentrations.
Learn tools and techniques for reinventing your organization’s processes, products, or services—and position yourself for an active role in decision-making.
Learn how to capitalize on breakthrough opportunities and build essential skills for bringing innovative ideas to market.