Audience: Those with a background in a quantitative field eager to enhance their expertise in financial management and analysis. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Program Type: Full-time, part-time, online
- The MS in Finance is an opportunity to study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked top 40 U.S. research university.
- For those interested in full-time study, our program is offered with two curriculum options. One is an intensive, 12-month cohort-based experience with an emphasis on quantitative methods and finance theory. The other is a STEM-designated Quantitative Finance program. Both full-time study options are F-1 compliant.
- For working professionals, our part-time and 100% online curricula offer flexibility and convenience.
- Specializations are available in Corporate Finance and Investments.
- Opportunity to participate in the 360 Huntington Fund—D’Amore-McKim School of Business’ student-managed mutual fund.
- International students who successfully complete a one-year, full-time graduate degree program on campus may be eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. OPT authorization allows for 12 months of work eligibility in the U.S. International students who successfully complete the MS in Quantitative Finance curriculum can apply for a 24-month OPT STEM Extension to their 12-month Optional Practical Training (OPT) period, allowing them to work in the U.S. for up to 36 months after graduation.
Class Size: 60 full-time students, 5 part-time students, and 40 online students
GMAT Average: 686 for full-time students. GMAT waivers are available for qualified part-time students, and work experience is evaluated in lieu of a GMAT score for online students
GPA: 3.35 for full- and part-time students. 3.0 for online students
Gender Distribution: 47% Female, 57% Male. 20% of online students are female
Ethnic Diversity: 83% international for full-time students. There are not any international students in our part-time or online programs.
Average Work Experience: 1 year of work experience, or less. Full-time students typically have 1 year of work experience, or less. Part-time and online students typically have 5 or more years of work experience.
Top 4 Undergrad Majors Represented: Finance, Accounting, Economics, and Business
Class Begins: Boston campus students will begin in September. Students enrolled in the online program may begin in any of six enrollment terms throughout the year.
Class Location: Boston, MA and 100% online
Class Schedule: Classes are held in the daytime, Monday–Friday for full-time students. Classes are held in the evenings Monday–Thursday for part-time students. Courses may be taken anytime for online students.
Program Structure: Full-time students will complete 10 core courses. Part-time and online students will complete six core courses and four elective courses.
Credit Hours: 30 credit hours
Time to Complete: 1 year when studying full-time. 21 months when studying part-time. Note: Accelerated 10-, 12-, and 15-month tracks are available. 16 months when studying online.
Graduation: Degrees are conferred three times per year in December, May, and August after students complete their required coursework. The graduation ceremony is held annually in August for all graduates from that calendar year.
Tuition Costs and Fees: Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration.”
GMAT/GRE Required? GMAT is required for full-time students. GMAT waivers available for qualified part-time and online candidates.
Interview Required? By invitation for Boston campus students. Not required for online students.