GC in Innovation Management Fact Sheet
Audience: The Graduate Certificate in Innovation Management is designed for professionals who want to become innovation leaders and practice corporate entrepreneurship.
Program Type: Full-time or part-time
- Study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked top 40 U.S. research university.
- Ranked #9 graduate entrepreneurship program by the Princeton Review in 2019.
- Certificate programs are designed for busy professionals. Courses are offered weeknights on our Boston campus
- Upon successful completion of a graduate certificate program, you may have the option to apply your credits to eligible MBA or master’s programs at Northeastern University.
- International students who successfully complete a one-year, 15-credit graduate certificate program on campus may be eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. OPT authorization allows for 12 months of work eligibility in the U.S.
Class Size: This certificate program typically enrolls approximately 20 students per term.
Class Begins: There are three entry terms each year in January, May, and September.
Class Location: Boston, MA
Class Schedule: Courses are primarily offered Monday–Thursday during the evening. Students may take one course online. International students must complete all of their classes on campus.
Credit Hours: 12-15 credits. The minimum required number of credits to earn your certificate is 12, however many students select to take an additional elective in order to broaden their expertise. International students must complete a total of 15 credits.
Time to Complete: The Graduate Certificate in Innovation Management may be completed over the course of just two semesters, or spread out over as long as three years. The length of the program will depend on your course selections. International students must take five courses over an eight-month period to be visa compliant.
Tuition Costs and Fees: Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration.
Eligible for International Student Visa? Yes. This program is F-1 visa compliant.
Where Do I Apply? Apply online
GMAT/GRE Required? No
Interview Required? International applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate English language proficiency. You may demonstrate this in one of two ways: submit your test score from TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE academic; or complete an intake interview.
Allison Parker, director of business development at The Panther Group, and two alumni talk career advancement and self-paced learning in D’Amore-McKim’s graduate certificates.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.