Audience: The Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance is designed for working professionals who are already in the banking or investments industries, but looking to enter a role with more decision making responsibilities.
The certificate is a valuable standalone credential, but also meant to be a helpful stepping stone. If you later choose to apply for a D’Amore-McKim master’s program, your graduate certificate can give you a head start.
A Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance is a fast, cost-effective way to gain business skills, bolster your résumé, and try out D’Amore-McKim—without the financial or time commitment of enrolling in a full master’s program.
Program Type: Part-time or online
- Study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked top 40 U.S. research university.
- Certificate programs are designed for busy professionals. Courses are offered on our Boston campus on weekday evenings Monday through Thursday and during the day on Saturdays. As a Boston campus based student, you may also complete one course online.
The online program is 100% online.
- Upon successful completion of a graduate certificate program, you may have the option to apply your credits to eligible MBA or master’s programs at Northeastern University.
Class Size: Approximately 20 students per year
Class Begins: For Boston campus students, there are 3 entry terms each year in January, May, and September. Due to the class schedule and visa requirements, international students may begin their program in either May or September. For online students there are 9 entry terms throughout the year.
Class Location: Boston, MA or online
Class Schedule: On-campus courses are primarily offered Monday–Thursday during the evening. Some courses are also available on Saturdays. Certificate students may take one course online. International students must complete all of their classes on campus.
- U.S. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a major in business administration or a related field with a GPA of at least 3.0
- 2 years work experience in finance
Credit Hours: 12–15 credits for Boston campus students. Online students complete 12 credits.
Time to Complete: The Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance may be completed over the course of just three semesters, or spread out over as long as three years for campus-based students or over two years for online students. The length of the program will depend on your course selections.
Tuition Costs and Fees: Please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and you will find the rate next to “Business Administration.
Eligible for International Student Visa? No. This program is not F-1 visa compliant.
GMAT/GRE Required? No
Interview Required? Upon request
Enhance your career potential. Download the program overview and learn how our finance certificates can advance your professional career.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.