To succeed in a business environment redefined by data and technology—and to seize the promising opportunities created by change—you need a redefined set of skills that fully meet the moment. When you earn your Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from D'Amore-McKim, you'll build a foundation of knowledge that will make you a more resilient and agile business leader in challenging times. Tailor your coursework to align with your career goals and gain a graduate credential you can leverage right away.
- Program Structure: 4–6 courses, depending on format
- Class Schedule: Monday–Thursday evenings at 5:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m, or 100% online
- Time to Complete: 4–8 months when studying full-time; 8 months–3 years when studying part-time; 8 months–2 years when studying online
- Download the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics fact sheet
- Download the international student fact sheet
Credits may be applied toward an MBA*
- Gain essential business knowledge that you can use immediately at work or in pursuit of a new opportunity
- Complete your certificate in as little as four months, with the flexibility to choose a longer course of study
- Build your confidence and acumen through Northeastern's practice-oriented approach to learning—taught by world-class faculty with substantial industry experience
- Get expert career guidance from a career counselor at Employer Engagement and Career Design—which, for international students, includes support in navigating American workplace culture and starting a job search in a new country
- Pave the way for a future master's degree—you may be able to apply credits earned in your certificate toward an eligible master's degree at Northeastern, including the Part-Time MBA
The business learning you need in as few as four graduate classes
Customize your path to an MBA
Meet some of our students
“One of the most positive aspects of the classes at D'Amore-McKim has been the opportunity to learn from others with different educational backgrounds and experiences than my own” says Vinod.
“Northeastern and the Part-Time MBA Path are helping to make my goals come to life!” says Sherr.
“Through this program, you can really learn what university life is like in the U.S. and what you really want to study and where you want to work after the program concludes” says Yang.
- English language proficiency: English proficiency, both written and verbal, is necessary for success in D'Amore-McKim classrooms. For more information, review our admissions policies.
- GMAT Required? No.
- Where do I apply? Learn more here. D'Amore-McKim leadership has temporarily paused enrollment for online study of this certificate while we build the curricular framework for the next generation of this online program.
- Interview required? Upon request.
- Eligible for International Student Visa? Yes. This program is F-1 visa compliant.
Need guidance on completing your application? The application checklist provides step-by-step instructions and tips from our admissions team.
Need guidance in composing the personal statement for your application? The essay guide will help you organize your thoughts and draft your copy.
There are three entry terms each year in January, May, and September.
Northeastern University's Student Financial Services website is your best resource for the most current and comprehensive information to help prepare you financially.
To view tuition rates, please visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services page. Click the dropdown under “Graduate Programs” and find the cost per credit for the current academic year listed next to “D'Amore-McKim School of Business Programs.”
There are a number of resources to help you finance your Northeastern graduate education, and the Student Financial Services team is here to guide you through the process and make it as simple as possible. Please visit the Graduate Financial Aid page.
Once you are a student, your financial aid advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your questions, point you to resources and provide valuable insight as you navigate the financial commitments of your program.
At Northeastern, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community, which is vital to learning and discovery.
Clubs and Organizations
Northeastern has many opportunities for you to be engaged with our community. Examples include the following:
The purpose of the GSCC is to build community for graduate students of color at Northeastern University by promoting education, professionalism, and civic duty. The GSCC fosters student, staff, and faculty relationships to establish a campus home for higher education at Northeastern. Through civic engagement with surrounding communities, the GSCC recognizes the continued struggles of marginalized populations, and the need for those who have succeeded to give back.
Grad Q is a student organization for LGBTQ+ graduate students at Northeastern. Grad Q is focused on building community, social events, advocacy, and mentoring undergraduate students.
We have a number of cultural centers on campus to support our campus community by providing programs, lectures, and events for students with a range of affiliations and interests including the LGBTQA Resource Center, Office of Global Services, Latinx Student Cultural Center, Asian American Center, and many more.
The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is taught in five unique formats—choose the one that best fits your life and career goals. Depending on which you select, you'll take either a required core curriculum or a customized grouping of courses that meet your specific needs.
In all formats, you'll be learning from world-renowned faculty—many of whom are industry leaders, leading consultants, or founders of startups—and you'll study alongside a diverse group of students with a mix of industry and academic backgrounds.
Choose your format
Study full time and join a global community of learners in this program of five essential business courses.
Select any four or five coures in one intense and rewarding semester of full-time study.
Select any four or five courses that match your professional interests and goals with this completely customizable format.
Gain the foundational skills you need to make an immediate impact on your career, while earning credits that you may apply to a future master's degree.
Select any four courses from the Online MBA curriculum to upskill from anywhere with our 100% online program.
Get in touch
Learn More About Campus
Upcoming Future Student Events
Graduate Certificates “Ask Me Anything”
Chat with Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions Fernando Antonioli and Graduate Certificate student Andrea Pinto Quiroz to learn how a graduate certificate from D'Amore-McKim can further your career goals. Ask any questions you may have related to your program(s) of interest, including details about the application process.
Graduate Business Programs Info Session
If you're thinking of pursuing the next step in your business education, there's no better place to do that than Northeastern. Join members of the Graduate Admissions team for an overview of D'Amore-McKim's graduate business programs and the potential to “stack” to build toward a future MBA.
Graduate Business Programs Networking Reception
Come to campus and enjoy a social evening where you can learn more about D'Amore-McKim's graduate business programs and mingle with admissions representatives, current students, and other friends of our programs.
Earn an MBA degree that prepares you to meet the challenges of a tech-driven, high-speed business world—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 15 in-demand concentrations.
Lead more effectively by strengthening your knowledge of essential practices in accounting and financial reporting.
Develop a powerful blend of financial and business expertise by combining two advanced degrees—on a part-time schedule that works with your life. Choose from 15 in-demand concentrations.