Mission: To prepare student to thrive in a complex global environment
Goal 1 – Integrate the knowledge and skills obtained in the classroom with that obtained in the business world through cooperative education
- Integrate knowledge obtained in the classroom and on cooperative education placements to recognize and identify business problems.
- Identify the ethical and organizational elements in the problem.
- Recommend solutions that address the problem within the organizational environment.
Goal 2 – Adapt and function effectively in diverse business cultures
- Frame the business problem within the context of the culture and legal system in which the business is operating.
- Analyze the problem, using both quantitative and qualitative information and tools.
- Propose solutions that reflect the culture and legal system in which the business operates.
Goal 3 – Provide well-reasoned and innovative solutions to business problems
- Formulate the problem clearly and concisely.
- Identify the relevant quantitative and qualitative information and analytical tools needed to address the problem.
- Analyze the problem.
- Provide solutions/recommendations, recognizing the uncertainties inherent in any business problem and solution.
Goal 4 – Communicate effectively
- Present information, issues and recommendations clearly.
- Discuss issues and recommendations persuasively.
- Integrate the expertise of multiple parties to produce a product that is better than the sum of its parts.