- Duvvuru, A., Balachandra, R., Zeid, A., Kamarthi, S. (2012). A system dynamics model for studying manufacturing outsourcing cost dynamics. International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing, 3(1).
- Balachandra, R., Goldstein, M., Friar, J. (2004). The Evolution of Technology Generations and Associated Markets: A Double Helix Model. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. 49, No. 1.
- Balachandra, R., Friar, J. (`997)Factors for Success in R&D Projects and New Product Innovation: A Contextual Framework. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. EM-44, No. 3, pp. 276-287.
- Balachandra, R. (1989) Early Warning Signals for R&D Projects, Lexington MA: Lexington Books.
Balachandra, R (Presenter & Author), Kamarthi, Sagar (Author Only), International Conference, “System Dynamics Modeling of R&D Outsourcing”, DSI, Boston. (July 7, 2013).
- PhD in Business Administration, Columbia University
- ME in Engineering from the Indian Institute of Science
- BE in Engineering, Madras University, India
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Balachandra’s research interests include outsourcing and offshoring technology, project management, R&D management, new product development, and technological forecasting.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the D’Amore-McKim School of Business faculty in 1980, Professor Balachandra taught at the University of North Carolina, Boston College, and the Indian Institute of Management.
Services to the Profession
Professor Balachandra is a member of numerous professional and honorary societies, including the Academy of Management, and the American Institute for Decision Sciences. He was also a department editor for IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management.
Awards & Recognition
Fulbright Professor, Manipal Institute of Management, Manipal University, Manipal, India, Jan -June 2007. During this time organized workshops for the faculty on Research Methodology, Case Teaching and Case Writing. Visited a number of educational institutes and developed relationships with some major management schools in India.