- PhD, University of Houston
- MA, Delhi School of Economics
- BA, Shivaji College
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor Prakash is a Research Fellow at CESifo, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), The Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), HiCN Households in Conflict Network (HiCN), Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Network Researcher, Global Labor Organization (GLO), and Member of Insights on Immigration and Development (INSIDE-SPAIN). He is also currently serving in the Editorial Board of the journal PLOS ONE and Associate Editor at the Journal of Development Economics.
Born and raised in Bihar, India, he earned a B.A. (honors) in economics from Shivaji College, an M.A. in economics from Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University (India), and a Ph.D. in economics from University of Houston, TX. He was a post-doctoral research associate at Cornell University, NY from July 2010 – December 2011. He has been a Visiting Fellow at Yale, Columbia, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston University, and Women and Public Policy Program at Harvard Kennedy School.
Awards & Recognition
- Keynote Speaker at Annual Research Symposium on Finance and Economics, KREA University, June 17, 2022
- Keynote Speaker at ‘Mind over Matter', Department of Economics, Aryabhatta College, University of Delhi, February 25, 2022
- TEDxUConn Speaker, November 14, 2021
- World Bank Economic Review Excellence in Refereeing Award, 2018, 2020