Dr. Moshref-Javadi (MJ) is a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Supply Chain and Information Management group at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University. He earned his PhD degree in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University in 2017 with a focus on developing and modeling customer-centric delivery systems to minimize delivery time and cost. Dr. Moshref-Javadi also worked for two years at the Megacity Logistics Lab (MLL), Center for Transportation and Logistics (CTL) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). During his postdoc, he researched on modeling and evaluation of multi-tier hybrid synchronized systems, engaging autonomous vehicles. He has several years of experience, working on technology adoption projects, ranging from qualitative decision making to quantitative optimization and simulation modeling and analysis for improving production, transportation, and warehousing operations.
Dr. Moshref-Javadi’s research focuses on the design and analysis of emerging distribution systems, and development of data-driven decision-making models, as well as optimization/simulation models for supply chain, logistics, and production operations. His current research considers the design and modeling of multi-channel/omni-channel distribution systems for last-mile delivery and distribution networks, including multi-tier and multi-modal systems, synchronized delivery systems with autonomous ground and aerial vehicles, and pickup lockers.
Postdoc, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
PhD, Industrial Engineering, Purdue University
Awards & Recognition
INFORMS Judith Liebman Award, INFORMS Annual Meeting, 2017
Best paper award in Supply Chain and Logistics Track, IISE Conference, 2016
College of Engineering Outstanding Graduate Research Award, Purdue University, 2016
Tompkins International Honor Scholarship, MHEFI, 2015
- Moshref-Javadi, M., Lee, S., & Winkenbach, M. (2020). Design and Evaluation of A Multi-Trip Delivery Model with Truck and Drones. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 136, 101887.
- Moshref-Javadi, M., Hemmati, A, Winkenbach, M. (2020). A Truck and Drones Model for Last-mile Delivery: A Mathematical Model and Heuristic Approach. Applied Mathematical Modeling, 80, 290-318.
- Kitjacharoenchai, P., Ventresca, M., Moshref-Javadi, M., Lee, S., Tanchoco, J.M.A., & Brunese, P.A. (2019). Multiple Traveling Salesman Problem with Drones: Mathematical model and heuristic approach. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 129, 14-30.
- Sabouhi, F., Bozorgi-Amiri, A., Moshref-Javadi, M., & Heydari, M. (2018). An integrated routing and scheduling model for evacuation and commodity distribution in large-scale disaster relief operations: A case study. Annals of Operations Research, 283 (1-2), 643-677.
- Moshref-Javadi, M., & Lee, S. (2016). The Latency Location-Routing Problem.” European J. of Operational Research, 255(2), 604-619.
- Moshref-Javadi, M. & Lee, S. (2016). The Customer-centric, Multi-commodity Vehicle Routing Problem with Split Delivery. Expert Systems with Applications, 56, 335-348.
- Moshref-Javadi, M., & Lehto, M.R. (2016). Material Handling Improvement in Warehouses by Parts Clustering. International J. of Production Research, 54(14), 4256-4271.
- Moshref-Javadi, M., Hemmati, A., & Winkenbach, M. (2018). A Multi-Modal Drone Delivery System for Urban Logistics. INFORMS Annual Meeting, 4-7 November, Phoenix, AZ.
- Moshref-Javadi, M., & Lee, S. (2017). Using Drones to Minimize Latency in Distribution Systems. IISE Conference, 20-23 May, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Moshref-Javadi, M., & Lee, S. (2016). Formulations and Valid Inequalities for Minimum Latency Problem with Split Delivery. IISE Conference, 20-24 May, Anaheim, CA.
- Moshref-Javadi, M., Lehto, M. (2014). Material handling improvement by parts clustering. INFORMS Annual Meeting 2014, San Francisco, CA.
- Gnanasekaran, A.M., Moshref-Javadi, M., Zhang, H., Moghaddam, M., & Lee, S. (2013). Impact of Patients Priority and Resource Availability in Ambulance Dispatching. ISERC, May 18-22, San Juan, Puerto Rico.