- PhD., Accounting, Florida State University
- MBA, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- BS, United States Military Academy at West Point
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor McAllister’s research interests are in the area of audit and financial reporting quality with specific interests in the auditor decision-making process as it relates to the application of professional skepticism, inter-team dynamics, and fraud detection. Her teaching interests include financial accounting, auditing, and accounting information systems.
Industry & Academic Experience
Before joining the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University, Professor McAllister worked in public accounting as a financial institutions auditor and in information technology and communications for the United States Army. She also taught courses in financial accounting and auditing during her PhD program at Florida State University.
Services to the Profession
Professor McAllister is an actively licensed Certified Public Accountant (CO), and is a member of the American Accounting Association.
Awards & Recognition
- Research Advisory Board Grant Recipient, Center for Audit Quality (CAQ), 2018
- Accounting Doctoral Scholar (ADS) Award Recipient, The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 2012-2016
- AAA Deloitte Michael J. Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2016
- Army Commendation Medal for Service during Operation Iraqi Freedom, 2006