Mary provides strategic leadership and direction for the marketing, recruitment, and admissions activities for the programs offered in the Graduate School of Business Administration (GSBA), which include Full-time MBA, Part-time MBA, specialized masters, and graduate certificate programs. She chairs the Admissions Committee and is responsible for program enrollment. Mary fulfills her passion for serving entrepreneurs as a co-chair of the McCarthy(s) Venture Mentoring Network at Northeastern, as a professional advisor at the MIT Trust Center for Entrepreneurship, and as a MassChallenge HealthTech judge.
With over three decades of experience in the private sector, Mary joined the GSBA admissions team in 2020. She continues to serve as managing director at Angel Healthcare Investors and was a founding member of the Angel Capital Association. Previously, Mary was the COO of an early-stage digital health company and a marketing VP with Fidelity Investments. Early in her career, she held roles in software development at John Hancock, NYNEX, Computer Sciences Corporation, and Bankers Trust Company.
- EdD Organizational Leadership, Northeastern University
- MBA, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
- BA Mathematics & Economics, Bowdoin College
Awards & Recognition
- Business and Entrepreneurship: Graduate RISE Category Award for “Mentoring Others Elevates All: The Benefits of Diverse Mentor-Entrepreneur Dyads,” Northeastern University RISE 2022
- McNamara, M. (2023). Punching Above My Weight: Mentoring Entrepreneurs' Well-Being (Publication No. 30316733) [Doctoral dissertation, Northeastern University]. ProQuest One Academic.
- Davis, R., McNamara, M., & Maletta, G. (2003). Angel Healthcare Investors: Capitalizing on Innovation. In J. May & E. F. O'Halloran (Eds.), Cutting Edge Practices in American Angel Investing (pp. 146-162). Darden.