- PhD Financial Economics, Washington University, Saint Louis
- PhD Mathematics, Northwestern University, Illinois
- MSc Mathematics, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- BSc Mathematics, Makerere University, Uganda
- Share repurchases and short sales under ambiguity, Economic Letters (2019)
- Amira K., M. L. Muzere, with Khaled Amira, Collateral and Yield spread of Syndicated loans, Accounting and Finance Research (2018)
- Competition among stock exchanges for equity, with Khaled Amira, Journal of Banking and Finance (2011)
- Volatility puzzles in international finance, with Tao Li, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (2010)
Research and Teaching Interests
Muzere’s body of research focuses on international finance, investments, and corporate finance, while teaching interests lie in financial management, investments, corporate finance, and economics.
Muzere joins Northeastern from Suffolk University, where he was a visiting assistant professor. Before that Muzere was a tenured associate professor. For six years, Muzere served as a head of the Department of Accountancy and Financial Economics while teaching undergraduate courses such as investment and portfolio analysis, advanced financial management, international trade and economics, principles of microeconomics, and principles of macroeconomics. Muzere previously worked at the Sawyer School of Business from 2001-2008.