- PhD Accountancy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS Accounting and Information Analysis, Lehigh University
- AB Economics, Harvard University
- Hetrick, K. and Peecher, M.E. (2015). Key Takeaways and Overarching Themes: A Foreword – 2014 AOS Conference on Accounting Estimates Special Issue. Accounting, Organizations and Society, 46, 1-4.
- Hetrick, K.V. (2018). Learning from Others’ Deficiencies: How Group Affiliation and Selection Basis Jointly Affect Auditors’ Effective Use of Inspection Feedback. In AAA ABO Research Conference, Phoenix, AZ, October.
- Bauer, T.D. (presenter), Hetrick, K.V., and Hobson, J.L. (2018). Feedback from Inspectors to Auditors: Effects of Regulatory Climate and Auditor Mindset on Audit Procedure Choice. In AAA ABO Research Conference, Phoenix, AZ, October.
- Bauer, T.D., Hetrick, K.V. (presenter), and Hobson, J.L. (2018). Feedback from Inspectors to Auditors: Effects of Regulatory Climate and Auditor Mindset on Audit Procedure Choice. In International Symposium on Audit Research, Maastricht, the Netherlands, June.
Research & Teaching Interests
Hetrick’s research examines factors that affect the judgment and decision-making of financial statement auditors, with a focus on the role of audit regulators and inspection feedback. Her teaching interests include auditing and financial accounting.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the D’Amore -McKim School of Business, Hetrick worked in assurance as a financial statement auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Awards & Recognition
- Deloitte Foundation Doctoral Fellowship, Deloitte Foundation, 2016
- Richard D. and Anne Marie Irwin Fellowship, Gies College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016
- Fred H. Figge Distinguished Teaching Assistant Award, Gies College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016