- Yule, J.A.., Hill, K., Yule, SJ. (in press) “Development and evaluation of a patient-centred assessment tool for surgeons’ non-technical skills”. British Journal of Surgery
- Yule, J.A.., and Tinson, J. (2017) “Youth and the Sociability of ‘Vaping’”, Journal of Consumer Behaviour Vol. 16 (1) pp.3-14
- Shaw, D.S. and Thomas, J.A. (2013) “Consuming Spirituality: The Pleasure of Uncertainty”, European Journal of Marketing Vol. 47 (3/4).
- Teller, C., and Thomson, J.A.(2012) “Gender Differences of Shoppers in the Marketing and Management of Retail Agglomerations”, The Service Industries Journal Vol.32 (3).
- Teller, C., Elms, J.R., Thomson, J.A. and Paddison, A. (2010) “Place Marketing and Urban Retail Agglomerations: an examination of shoppers place attractiveness perceptions” Journal of Place Branding and Diplomacy Vol. 6(2) pp. 124–133.
- Young, B., Murray, C.A., Thomson, J.A. (2008) “Care home staff knowledge of oral care compared to best practice: a West of Scotland pilot study” British Dental Journal. Vol 205(8):450-1. Epub 15, Oct 10.
- Yule, JA., Hill, KH. (2015) “Scale development of PENTS: Measuring patients’ evaluation of physicians’ non-technical skills”. The American Marketing Association, San Antonio, 13-15th Feb 2015
- Hill, KH., Yule, JA. (2015) “The influence of emotional responses on service recovery efforts”. The Association for Consumer Research, New Orleans, 1-4th Oct 2015 .
- Yule, J.A., Wigley, S.M., Almond, K., and Teller, C.T. (2012). “The ‘Obesity Crisis’ and Fashion Retailing – a UK view”. 19th International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Consumer Services Science, Vienna, 9-12th July 2012.
- Young, J.A., Little, D.C., Kelling, I., Murray, F., Yule, J.A. (2012). Contemporary Communications: Creating or confusing values in disparate global seafood value chains. World Aquaculture Society Meeting, Prague, 1-5th September 2012.
- Thomson, J.A. Shaw, D.S. (2011).“Spirits in a Material World: An exploratory study of neutralisation in the spirituality market” European Marketing Academy Conference, Slovenia 24-27th May 2011.
- Thomson, J.A, Wigley S.M. (2011) “Understanding Self Advertising on Social Networking Sites: An Application of Festinger’s Social Comparison Theory” 18th International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Consumer Services Science, San Diego, 15-18th July 2011 1.
- Thomson, J.A., Wigley, S.M., Parker, C. (2010) “Kate Loves Topshop: Celebrity Endorsement and the Lovemarks Concept in a Fashion Retail Context” 17th International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Consumer Services Science, Istanbul, 2-5th July 2010.
- PhD, Social Marketing, Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland, UK
- MRes Masters in Research (Business and Management), Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland, UK
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Communication, Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland, UK
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Yule’s research interests are centered around consumer well being focused on two specific areas. First, the healthcare industry where current projects focus on the patient experience in hospital. Second, examining consumer sources of food advice including blogs and online media.
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor Yule held the position of lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the University of Stirling, Scotland. Her teaching experience began as a Teaching Fellow at Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland. Professor Yule also works as an analyst for several high risk industry clients in the oil and gas sector.
Services to the Profession
Professor Yule is the faculty advisor for the Northeastern University Marketing Association. She is also a regularly reviewer for a number of marketing journals and conferences.
Awards & Recognition
- 2018: DMSB nominee for University Best Teacher Award
- 2018: Winner of the D’Amore-McKim School of Business Teacher of the Year award (peer nominated award),
- 2017: Nominated for a teacher appreciation award by Delta Sigma Pi business fraternity, NEU
- 2016: Finalist (from >300 faculty) in the Deans ‘Best Teacher of the Year Award’ (student nominated award), NEU
- 2016: Nominated for a teacher appreciation award by the Delta Zeta Sorority, NEU
- 2015: Nominated for a teacher appreciation award by the Delta Zeta Sorority, NEU
- 2014: Nominated for a teacher appreciation award by the Delta Zeta Sorority, NEU
- 2011: Student nominated teaching excellence award, University of Stirling