- Hao, Haijing, R. Padman, B. Sun, and R. Telang. 2018. “Quantifying the Impact of Social Influence on the Information Technology Adoption Process by Physicians: A Hierarchical Bayesian Learning Approach” Information Systems Research, Mar. 2018. Volume 29, Issue 1, 2018, Pages 25-41. (FT)
- Quantifying the Influence of Opinion Leaders on Technology Adoption in Healthcare: A Hierarchical BayesianHao, Haijing, Kunpeng Zhang, Weiguang Wang, and Guodong Gao. 2017. “A Tale of Two Countries: International Comparison of Online Doctor Reviews between China and the United States” International Journal of Medical Informatics(IJMI), March 2017. Volume 99, Pages 37–44. (A, on the ABDC list).
- Hao, Haijing and Rema Padman. 2016. “An empirical study of opinion leader effects on mobile technology implementation by physicians in an American community health system” Health Informatics Journal, First Published online December 21, 2016. Published 2018: Volume: 24 issue (3): 323-333. (On ABDC list).
- HaoHaoHao, Hao, Haijing, Kunpeng Zhang. 2016. “The Online Voice of Health Consumers in China: A Text Mining Approach to Online Doctor Reviews” Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR), published Oct. 5, 2016. (Impact Factor is 5.835 in 2017; Ranked #1 by JCR Health informatics).
- Hao, Haijing. 2015. “The Development of Online Doctor Reviews in China: An Analysis of the Largest Online Doctor Review Website in China”, Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR), published Jun. 1, 2015. (Impact Factor is 5.835 in 2017; Ranked #1 by JCR Health informatics).
- Hao, Haijing, Y. Shi, and A. Shi. “Health Insurance and People’s opinion on Medical Cost and Doctor Trust in China,” INFORMS Annual Meeting 2017, Houston TX.
- Hao, Haijing and Hao H. “Online Health Analytics and Digital Divide,” Americas Conference on Information Systems AMCIS 2017.
- Hao, Haijing and Hao H. “Digital Divide in Online Health Community,” INFORMS Healthcare 2017, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Hao, Haijing and Hao H. “Digital Divide in Online Health Utilization in China: A Case Study of Geographic Health Analytics,” SIGHealth workshop at Pre-ICIS 2016, Dublin, Ireland.
- Hao, Haijing, K. Zhang, W. Wang, and G. Gao. “What Are Patients Complaining? A Text Mining Approach To Online Doctor Reviews by International Comparison,” INFORMS International 2016, Jun. 12 – 15, Hawaii, USA.
- PhD., Information Systems Management Carnegie Mellon University
- Master of Science in Public Policy and Management, Carnegie Mellon University.
- Master of Economics, Capital University of Economics and Business.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Yanshan University
Research & Teaching Interests
Dr. Hao’s teaching interests fall in the area of business statistics, regression analysis, business intelligence and business analytics. Dr. Hao’s research covers health information systems, online health community, social influence on technology adoption, and data mining applications in information systems and healthcare.
Industry & Academic Experience
Dr. Hao has been a visiting scholar at the Media Lab, MIT since March 2018 and Associate at Asia Center, Harvard University since 2014. Dr. Hao was a database developer, software programmer, and project manager in China before her graduate study at Carnegie Mellon University.
Services to the Profession
- Membership Officer of SIGHealth of AIS, since May 2016.
- Steering Committee member of Boston Computer-Human Interaction, Association for Computing Machinery(Boston CHI, ACM), since Oct. 2016.
Awards & Recognition
- The William W. Cooper Doctoral Dissertation Award at Carnegie Mellon University, 2013.
- Best Student Paper Award at Workshop on Health IT and Economics, Oct. 2011, Washington, DC.
- Selected Fellow of 5th Doctoral Consortium on Sociotechnical Issues in Medical Informatics, The American Medical Informatics Association, October 21-22, 2011, Washington, DC.
- Selected Fellow of Doctoral Internationalization Consortium in Information Systems, Foster School of Business, University of Washington, June 16-18, 2011, Seattle, WA.
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, 2010, School of Information Systems and Management, Heinz College, Carnegie Mellon University.