- Wesley, D., Montgomery, S., Barczak, G. (2013). Apple vs. Samsung. Ivey Case Series.
- Barczak, G. (2012). The Future of NPD/Innovation Research. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 29(3), 355-357.
- Johnson, D., Clark, B., Barczak, G. (2012). Customer Relationship Management Processes: How Faithful are Firms to Customer Profitability? Industrial Marketing Management, 41(7), 1094-1105.
- Barczak, G., Kahn, K. (2012). Identifying New Product Development Best Practice. Business Horizons, 55(3), 293-305.
- Kahn, K., Barczak, G., Nicholass, J., Ledwith, A., Perks, H. (2012). An Examination of New Product Development Best Practice. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 29(2), 180-192.
- Barczak, Gloria, Marketing Department, Faculty of Business and Economics, “The Impact of IT Tool Usage on NPD Phase Performance”, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia. (July 2013).
- Barczak, Gloria, Marketing Department, Faculty of Economics, Finance and Marketing, “The Impact of IT Tool Usage on NPD Phase Performance”, RMIT, Melbourne, Australia. (July 2013).
- Barczak, Gloria, PICMET Doctoral Colloquium, “Crafting Articles for Publication”, PICMET, San Jose, CA. (July 28, 2013).
- Barczak, Gloria, Sheth Emerging Scholars Consortium, “Crafting Articles for Publication”, AMS World Congress, Melbourne, Australia. (July 16, 2013).
- Reid, Mike (Presenter & Author), Marion, Tucker (Author Only), Barczak, Gloria (Author Only), Hultink, Erik Jan (Author Only), IPDMC, “The Impact of IT Tool Usage on Predevelopment Performance”, EIASM, Paris, France. (June 2013).
- PhD in Marketing and Innovation Management, Syracuse University
- MBA in Marketing, State University of New York at Albany
- BA in Mathematics, College of Mt. St. Vincent, New York
Research & Teaching Interests
Professor Barczak’s primary research interests are in the area of new product development (NPD) with particular emphasis on the NPD process and the use of information technology, including social media, during the process. She has taught MBA and undergraduate courses in marketing management and new product development.
Industry & Academic Experience
Professor Barczak served as assistant professor at Georgia State University prior to joining the CBA faculty in January 1990. Through her research, teaching, and consulting, Professor Barczak has worked with a variety of companies including: Genzyme, EMC2, SBC, WR Grace, Pearson/Prentice-Hall, Compaq, Modine, Eastman Kodak, AARP, American Red Cross, and the American Cancer Society.
Services to the Profession
Professor Barczak is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Product Innovation Management. She is also on the editorial board of Creativity and Innovation Management and IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. She is a member of the IPDM Scientific Committee, the PDMA Operations Committee, the PDMA Publications Committee, and the American Marketing Association.
Awards & Recognition
- Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Product Innovation Management (January 2013-present).
- Keynote Address, PDMA Research Forum, Denver, CO, October 18, 2014. Title: Trends in Innovation Research
- Keynote Address, International Conference of Asian Marketing Associations, Sogang University, Seoul, Korea, March 13-15, 2014. Title: Current Trends in Innovation