- PhD Management Science and Marketing, University of Bradford, United Kingdom
- DPA and MPA, Dalhousie University, Canada
- BA, Acadia University, Canada
- Meyer, M., Crane, F. (2016). Innovation: The Workbook. Institute for Enterprise Growth, Boston, MA.
- Meyer, M., Crane, F. (2015). Venturing: Innovation and Business Planning Methods for Entrepreneurs. The Institute for Enterprise Growth, Boston, MA.
- Crane, F. (2016). Marketing, 10th Canadian Edition (10th ed.). McGraw-Hill.
- Meyer, M., Crane, F., Lee, C. (2016). Connecting Ethnography to the Business of Innovation. Business Horizons, 59(6), 699-711.
- Meyer, M., Crane, F. (2016). Silverrail. Journal of the Academy of Business Educaton, 18, 15.
- Meyer, M., Crane, F., Pinnacle Foods Innovation Summit, “Innovations in Foods based on Consumer insight,” Pinnacle Foods, Boston, MA. (June 2010).
Research & Teaching Interests
Crane’s current research focus is on corporate innovation, the branding of new service ventures, the psychology of entrepreneurship, and entrepreneurship education. He teaches courses in innovation, innovation and enterprise growth, and entrepreneurial marketing.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to working at Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business and the School of Technological Entrepreneurship, Crane was a chair and full professor at Dalhousie University and a full professor at the University of New Hampshire. He grew up in a family business and has also started and operated his own businesses, including successful management consulting and research firms.
Services to the Profession
Crane is currently the Editor of the Journal of the Academy of Business Education and was the founding editor of the Journal of Promotion Management Education. He also sits on the editorial boards of several academic journals, including the Journal of Promotion Management, Health Marketing Quarterly, Journal of Hospital Marketing and Public Relations, and Services Marketing Quarterly.
Awards & Recognition
- Marketing for Entrepreneurs: Concepts and Applications for New Ventures, Second Edition. Sage Publications, 245 pages. Published in September 2012
- Editor, Journal of the Academy of Business Education (a peer-reviewed journal of the Academy of Business Education