- PhD Accounting, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- BS Accounting, Johnson & Wales University
- Bame-Aldred, C. W., Collins, K., Goldman, W. (2016) Visualization of Data for Secondary Educators: Developing Experiential Learning Opportunities for Madison Park High School. NSF Grant Proposal: Discovery Research K-12, Under Review with the National Science Foundation, December 2016.
- Goldman, W. Bame-Aldred, C. W., Atherton, M., Arrendondo, T. (2016). Store Profitability Analysis of Bibitor, LLC Incorporating Tableau. October 2016
- Bame-Aldred, C. and Lee, C. (2016). Bibitor, LLC June 2016 Dataset. http://hae.damore-mckim.northeastern.edu. September 2016.
- Bame-Aldred, Ch. W., Bame-Aldred, Ca. W., Murphy, R. J. (2016). Importing Data and Validation to System Hash Totals: Completeness and Accuracy Testing of the June 2016 Bibitor, LLC. Sales, Purchases, Inventory, and Accounting Payable Incorporating ACL or IDEA. September 2016.
- Bame-Aldred, C. W., Chmielinski, N., Kapxhiu, A. (2016). Bibitor, LLC: Sales Process Manual. September 2016.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers: Faculty Audit and Tax Symposium, New York, NY: August 2016
- American Accounting Association: Accounting IS Big Data Meeting, San Francisco, CA: September 2016
- Rhode Island Association of Accounting Professors: Fall Meeting, Warwick, RI: November 2016
Research & Teaching Interests
Bame-Aldred has research interest in the area of judgment and decision making by experts in assurance services and accounting. His teaching interests are in the field of auditing and big data analytics. He developed two new courses (Internal Auditing and Professional Environment of the Audit and Assurance Industry: Audit Analytics) for the Master of Science in Accounting program. He continue to expand the use of big data analytics through the co-founding of the HUB of Analytics Education.
Industry & Academic Experience
Prior to joining the Accounting faculty at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University, Bame-Aldred served as Assistant Professor at Washington State University. He also has industry experience and worked as Controller for First Union Capital Markets Corporation, a $5 billion securities firm, and as Audit Senior Manager for KPMG Peat Marwick. Bame-Aldred is the faculty advisor for Finance for the Community, a student-run organization that provides financial literacy education to Boston public high school students. He is a moderator for the Boston Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditor’s Chief Audit Executive Panel Discussion.
Services to the Profession
Bame-Aldred is the co-founder of the Hub of Analytics Education. The HUB of Analytics Education meets a need in Higher Education: free materials that assist faculty when teaching Big Data techniques in their classrooms. These materials include a large transactional dataset with supporting information and cases and exercises with suggested solutions and teaching notes for Auditing (ACL or IDEA based activities) and Management Accounting (Tableau based activities). In 2016, Bame-Aldred discussed the HUB of Analytics Education at the PWC Audit and Tax Symposium, the American Accounting Association’s Accounting IS Big Data Conference, and the Fall Meeting of the Rhode Island Association of Accounting Professors.
Awards & Recognition
- Recipient, D’Amore-McKim Best Teacher Award (2013).
- Finalist, CBA Best Teacher Award (2012).
- Recipient of the 2005-2006 Protviti Innovation Fellowship in Accounting.