Engaging Practitioners on Emerging Markets
Insights @ Center for Emerging Markets
Cutting edge ideas and advice for global leaders about emerging markets
China is rapidly moving from imitation to innovation, with Chinese companies taking a key role perspective on the emerging paths of Chinese company innovation. Non-Chinese executives need to understand the six major paths to innovation taken by Chinese companies. While all these paths have also been taken by many Western companies, we discuss here the unique Chinese adaptation or intensification of each approach. Our findings indicate that the innovation advantages of Chinese companies may well be in the creative combinations of available innovation practices.
Annual symposia on a timely topic relating to emerging markets aimed principally at business executives and policymakers
The center organizes an annual symposium on a timely topic relating to emerging markets aimed principally at business executives and policymakers in the New England region. Speakers are typically CEOs and high-level executives of companies operating in, or from, emerging markets. Symposia are live cast and archived on our Youtube Playlist. They are made possible by gifts to the Center for Emerging Markets by David Nardone, corporate partners and an anonymous donor.
- 2019 – Rethinking Your China Strategy
- 2018 – Rise of Asia: How Should US Companies Respond?
- 2016 – Thriving in Volatile Emerging Markets
- 2015 – Beyond the BRICs
- 2013 – Emerging Markets: The New Realities
- 2012 – Winning in Emerging Markets
- 2011 – Managing Information and Risk in Emerging Markets
- 2010 – Emerging Markets: Opportunities and Challenges
- 2009 – Capitalization on Emerging Market Opportunities